The Social Impact Fellow for International Rights will help support the International Rights team with the administration of their deal-making and preparations for international travel. In this position you will submit material for Princeton University Press titles to international partners, maintain and update rights records for licenses within Biblio, and assist with a variety of other administrative tasks, including preparation of contracts for agreed licenses. The work will be tracked via weekly reports on progress to the International Rights team. The position offers the potential for applicants to learn in depth about the Press’s International Rights business, as well as to learn common practices in the field of translation licensing, and there is opportunity to develop skills in office administration, as well as familiarity with industry-wide systems including Biblio and HubSpot.
- Prepare and submit manuscripts and promotional information for submission to international publishers, agents, and editors.
- Administer the contracts process for agreed licenses, including drafting deal announcements, circulating contracts through post or digital means
- Maintain and update rights record-keeping software for agreed license
- Supports the International Rights team with preparation for international travel and pitching
Additional Job Functions
- Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (especially Excel); experience with Biblio a plus
- Must be detailed oriented; organizational and time management skills are a plus.
- This is an office type environment with heavy computer use.