"Seeing the publishing world as a form of intellectual curation—to evaluate and guide future scholarship in the field—was eye opening for me, and opened up new avenues to explore for post-doctoral life.”
University Administrative Fellow alumni/ae
- "I was able to gain so much practical experience and learn about career paths that I was unfamiliar with, which led to my first job after graduate school as the science specialist for an Upward Bound program."
- "Participating in the UAF program was one of the most formative experiences I had at Princeton. The program provided me important mentorship, a supportive community, and lasting connections that expanded my vision of what I could do post-PhD."
- "I'd recommend future graduate students to take part in the UAF program [...] this is a very valuable experience for graduate students, especially those that want to pursue an academic career."
- "Organizing the first Grad Student Career Meetup helped me to start picturing myself doing other things, and now I am happily managing academics at a creative media school in Paris."
- "As a UAF, I found the structure, skill-building, and community I was looking for to make my graduate school experience more intentional. I highly recommend the program not only to those seeking to acquire job skills but also for those on campus searching for a greater sense of purpose and voice in the university."
- "Overall, the experience gave me insight into thinking about the university as an institution and the processes involved in creating new resources and programming for students."