"The mix of faculty, administrators, and students from a variety of disciplines provide a wide range of perspectives on how the higher education system works."
GradFUTURES: American Higher Education
- "The workshop is an important forum for exploring graduate student professional development in the twenty-first century."
- "It's exciting to see how many new initiatives and opportunities for graduate student professional development are emerging here on campus, in communication, teaching, leadership, wellness, career management, and other crucial areas."
- "The Higher Education Workshop has been a boon for me as a scholar-teacher with a long commitment to the study of higher education policy."
- "I'm excited to support my fellow Ph.D.s in at least two ways: to highlight recent job market trends and consult on new career options for graduate students and to use career outcome data to illuminate the diverse career paths of our graduate alumni. Feel free to reach out through e-mail or LinkedIn!"
- "The small-group seminar setting was fruitful for refreshing conversations that demystified how "the university" works and keyed me into current debates and challenges for its future."
- "I've been most appreciative of the stimulating conversations that have motivated me to pursue research topics I would have never otherwise considered."
- As a Community College Teaching Fellow, and a American Higher cohort member "I learned how to balance my research and teaching in a safe yet challenging environment."