Graduate alumni, we invite you to join the GradFUTURES initiative! You can play a critical role in inspiring current students along their professional development journey by serving as aspirational role models, connectors, mentors and advocates. There are many ways graduate alumni/ae can meaningfully engage with the University, the Graduate School, their departments, and with current graduate students.
Here are just a few of the many ways you can help make a difference:
- Serve as a panelist or facilitator at one of our professional development programs
- Volunteer to be interviewed for an alumni career video series
- Host graduate students at your organization for an Industry Exploration Day or shadowing
- Arrange an immersive experience such as a short-term project, fellowship or summer internship for a current student at your organization
- Volunteer to mentor graduate students
- Participate in Alumni Day Storytelling workshop with graduate students during Alumni Day or Reunions weekend
- Participate in or host a Research on the Road event to have graduate students present their research to alumni in your region or city
- Connect graduate students with others in your professional network (a LinkedIn page for the Graduate School is coming soon)
- Join us for the GradFUTURES Professional Development Forum on May 1, 2020, or participate virtually (more details coming soon!)
Interested in getting involved? Please reach out via email (email@example.com) or by completing the short form below.