The GradFUTURES Fellowship program offers highly curated experiential opportunities for graduate students at organizations who have partnered with the Graduate School. The fellowship opportunity below is currently accepting applications. All GradFUTURES Fellowships will be conducted in accordance with Princeton, local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines.
To be considered, applicants must be currently enrolled Princeton graduate students in good academic standing and meet all application criteria on the application form found below.
XPRIZE GradFUTURES Fellowship Description
The XPRIZE Foundation designs and operates global prize competitions to incentivize the development of radical technology for the benefit of humanity. Since its founding in 1994, the organization has launched twenty competitions in the domains of Space, Oceans, Learning, Health, Energy, Environment, Transportation, Public Safety and Robotics.
Our first XPRIZE, the $10 million Ansari XPRIZE for private spaceflight, spurred an industry and created exponential breakthroughs. Since then we have launched over $140 million in prize purses, including the $15 million Global Learning XPRIZE, the $10 million Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE, and the $1.4 million Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup XPRIZE. Each of these prizes has created an industry-changing technology that brings us closer to a better, safer, more sustainable world.
XPRIZE is excited to offer a GradFUTURES fellow the opportunity to learn and grow by supporting the XPRIZE Alliances which leverage a robust network of partners to accelerate innovation to fight COVID-19, advance racial equity and advocate for ethical AI. The fellow will work closely with XPRIZEs’ Vice Presidents of Alliances and Partners, respectively, on projects supporting the foundation's research and data objectives.The XPRIZE GradFUTURES fellowship will prepare the selected fellow with an understanding of the global innovation ecosystem, analyze and organize relevant data, provide insights and visualizations hidden in data sets, develop new partner engagement paradigms and experience engaging partners across a range of industries and verticals – from Fortune 500 companies to enterprising start-ups and local governments. The fellow will also gain an understanding of the prize incentive model for crowdsourcing innovation to solve humanity’s grand challenges.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for understanding and interpreting Big Data Queries using Data Mining and Visualization Tools, as well as analyzing raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, correlations, structuring for downstream processing as applied to relevant subject matter domains.
- You’ll design accurate and scalable prediction algorithms using concepts such as Bayesian Networks, Neural Networks etc.
- Partner with the XPRIZE Data Collaborative and XPRIZE Exchange Marketplace to develop, share, test and deploy models.
- Generate actionable insights within Alliance program domains to enable solution development.
- Produce data visualization and other communications.
- Coordinate communications with members of the XPRIZE Foundation.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about the use of technology for social good.
- Strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis techniques, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing predictive models, using/creating algorithms upon structured and unstructured data.
- Subject-matter expertise in at least THREE of the following analytic areas: linear/logistic regression, forecasting, machine learning methods, supervised and unsupervised learning, deep-learning, natural language processing.
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, or Spark.
- Expertise in R and/or Python, implementing machine learning techniques using python libraries, like TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Pandas, and Keras.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work independently and project manage while working remotely.
- Written communications skills with both internal and external audiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the Google suite of products.
GradFUTURES Fellowship Information Sessions and Related Events
No content available to show.
Hear from Current and Former Fellows & Mentors!
"As ASA is largely reimagining and rebuilding its programs, we felt this was the perfect time to bring on a different, unique perspective to help shape our work. Having Pallavi Podapati's knowledge and experience in disability is adding so much value to our work on the intersections of ageism and ableism."
"My career trajectory is far from predictable, from art history and Latin American studies to internet policy and the Middle East. But art history taught me how to look closely at things and describe what I see, rather than what I expect to see. Latin American studies, including a semester abroad in Mexico and a lot of other travel, taught me how interconnected we all are. In my career and in my life, I aim to synthesize the best of the analog world I was born into with the digital world that has since emerged and do my small part to make it a better, more inviting place for all..."
I graduated in May 2020 with my B.S. in biomedical engineering from Washington University in St. Louis. I spent the summer after my graduation…