This event is day 3 of Future Faculty bootcamp and all topics (except alumni panel) will be common for all four divisions (natural science, engineering, humanities and social sciences). Lunch and networking reception included.
In this session, you will continue to gain understanding of faculty life in diverse institutions.
1. Between 12-3.30 pm, speakers from Princeton University will discuss philosophy and best practices of open-access scholarship, diversity and inclusion and teaching
- Wind Cowles, Director of Research and Open Scholarship
- Rebecca L. Faulkner, Lecturer in Religion department and Senior Fellow in McGraw Center for Teaching & Learning
- Renita Miller, Associate Dean of Access Diversity & Inclusion, Graduate School
- Anu Vedantham, Assistant University Librarian, Research Services
2. Alumni panel: At 3.30 pm, PhD alumni who serve as faculty in R1, liberal arts college and community college will share about their professional life and diverse experiences. Alumni Panels will be separate for divisions, one for science and engineer and one for humanities and social sciences.
Alumni panel for science and engineering (location)
- Noah Apthorpe, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Colgate University
- Stephanie S. Lee, Associate Professor, Chemistry and Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, NYU
- James Martiney, Assistant Professor of Biology, Middlesex College
- Brenden Rickards, Vice President & Provost, Academic Affairs, Professor of Biology, Rowan College of South Jersey
3. Networking reception: At 4.30 pm, we will wrap the Future Faculty bootcamp with a networking reception where you will get to mingle with the faculty, staff and alumni speakers, your peers and the GradFUTURES team.
Food Provided (Lunch will be provided. Networking reception at 4.30 pm. )